We’ll be showing you how to make baked oysters with our Sous Chef, Jordan, AND then Mojitos and Strawberry Cucumber Smash with Brittany.
Download recipes here.
Chef Jordan’s Featured Recipes
Lemon & Thyme Baked Oysters
w/ Chive Breadcrumb
• 1 dozen (or more) oysters on the half shell
• 1 lemon zested and juiced
• 1 medium shallot minced
• 5 thyme sprigs (removed from stem and chopped)
• 1 small bunch chives ( finely chopped)
• 1 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
• 1/2 lb butter softened (not melted)
• 1 tsp olive oil
• oyster shucker
• dish towel
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees f
2. Mince shallot and sauté on low-medium heat until just tender (3-4 mins).
3. Add chopped thyme to pan and sauté another 1 min. Remove shallot and thyme from pan and set aside
4. In a mixer or medium bowl combine: shallot and thyme, lemon juice, 1/2 of the lemon zest , softened butter, and pinch salt and pepper
5. Mix until evenly combined. Set aside
6. In a small bowl combine: panko, rest of lemon zest, chives, and olive oil. Stir together ingredients until evenly distributed.
7. On a baking tray, lay aluminum foil with f olds to prop up oysters, distribute oysters evenly on the baking try.
8. Using a small spoon place a small dollop of butter mixture on each oyster. Follow with panko mixture adding just enough to cover the top of each oyster.
9. Place on center rack of your oven and cook until breadcrumbs are golden brown and oyster has firmed slightly. Can take anywhere from 8-12 mins depending on the size of the oyster
10. Carefully remove oysters and enjoy while hot!!
• White wine
o Le Grand Ballon – Domaine Joel Delaunay – Loire Valley Franc
• Red Wine
o Chateau Tour Chapoux – Bordeaux France
o Delas – Saint-Espit Cotes-du-Rhone – Cotes-du-Rhone France
Strawberry Cucumber Smash:
• 1 strawberry dipped in sugar
• 2 cucumber slices
• 1 mint leaf
• 2 oz Hendricks Gin
• 1/2 oz St. Germain
• Top with soda
• 10 mint leaves
• 2 oz white rum
• 1oz lime juice
• 1oz simple syrup
• Top with club soda
• 2 limes and mint spinach for garnishes